RFID technology solutions
Pepperl+Fuchs offers a variety of industrial RFID technologies:
- Near field RFID, which transmits information via electromagnetic induction
- Far field RFID, which uses UHF and microwaves
Each of these technologies and frequencies has specific areas of application.
Low-frequency near field RFID, inductive signal transmission at 125 or 250 kHz
Low-frequency near field RFID technology
- Read/write distances range from several centimeters to decimeters. Transfer rates and pass-by speeds are slightly lower than higher frequency RFID technologies.
- A variety of transponders are available. Transponders are insensitive to mechanical, thermal, chemical or electromagnetic influences.
- Identify work piece carriers by installing a transponder with a ferrite core into metal.
High-frequency near field RFID, inductive signal transmission at 13.56 MHz
High-frequency near field RFID technology
- Works three to four times faster than low-frequency technology.
- Transponders are small and in the form of adhesive labels.
- Transponders cannot be installed into metal, however special transponders can be fitted onto metal.
UHF far field RFID, signal transmission at UHF at 868 MHz
UHF far field RFID technology
- Read/write distances measure several meters. The carrier frequency, and sending and receiving on various channels yield high transfer rates.
- UHF transponders can be active and passive. Passive transponders are very cost-efficient to manufacture, and can be easily attached to objects.
Far field RFID, signal transmission with microwaves at 2.45 GHz
Far field RFID technology
- Benefits include long read distances of up to 4 meters, high transfer rates and pass-by speeds.
- Spatially extended and fast-moving objects are captured, making it ideal for barrier control applications.
The all-rounder: IDENTControl
IDENTControl RFID technology
IDENTControl and IDENTControl Compact control units combine various RFID technologies and frequencies into one device. The same device operates inductive heads, microwave antennas and trigger sensors - unifying operation and programming. You can connect up to four read/write heads on one device and configure them directly on-site. Connecting to the web via Ethernet is no problem whatsoever. The advantages: Several control units can be set up via one central network PC. And, an SMS message is sent directly to you if your processes fail to run smoothly due to a hardware error message.
Your way to a customized RFID system
Pepperl+Fuchs provides perfectly matched components to set up a high performance RFID system that can be quickly adapted to new requirements. The building blocks of any RFID system are the control units, RFID heads and transponders. With the right accessories, you combine the components into a functioning whole.
RFID control units
RFID control unit
Pepperl+Fuchs control units provide you with solutions for mechanically, thermally, chemically and electromagnetically demanding environments. Our RFID control units:
- Act as the gateway to the control, communication, and power supply of the read/write heads.
- Connect the read/write heads with the higher-level automation system, filter read-in data and control write/read processes.
Transponders and read/write heads
Transponders and read/write heads
Pepperl+Fuchs supplies the right transponder and read/write head for every RFID frequency and industrial application:
- Transponders accompany goods and persons along the value chain. They carry information for reliable object recognition. Writable transponders can also register process data.
- RFID heads read or write to the transponders and communicate with the control unit.
Quality RFID accessories save valuable time when implementing, maintaining and extending an RFID system. At Pepperl+Fuchs you will find high-quality signal and bus lines, connectors, distributors, enclosures, installation aids and software.